Friday, April 30, 2010

saturdays=pancakes


in keeping with tradition and genetics, audrey wakes up and asks for pancakes every morning. i, too, would wake with the carb-crammed circles on my mind. and, until now, had been making 3 at a time in my fry pan. we did have a square pan once that made 4 at a time, but the non-stick became un-stuck and it scrammed. my most recent purchase of an electric griddle has been life-changing. 8 pancakes at a time. it's too good to be true. i can do an entire batch in two rounds. sigh. it truly is the little things in life. so, tomorrow morning, darn near day break, i'll start my coffee and then the griddle with a little smile on my face. and a big smile on audge's.

our homemade pancake recipe (regular and vegan):

1 1/2 c. flour
3 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 T. sugar
1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg
3 T. butter

or

1 c. flour
1 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
1 c. rice, coconut or almond milk
2 T. apple sauce or oil

No comments: